Taking in the view from the lanai across our coffee plantation to the horizon beyond, and having our breakfast with all guests in our ocean view Gazebo, is an inspiring and relaxing morning ritual. The hot breakfasts prepared by us are considered a treat by most guests. Our breakfasts always include our own Estate Grown 100% Kona Coffee (or tea), 100% fruit juice, and fresh fruit salad. We cook most dishes from scratch in our "Certified Kitchen". We use our own organically grown herbs, and as many fresh island-grown ingredients as we can (we are "locavores"). We will gladly do what we can do meet your special dietary restrictions (with advance notice, please), such as lactose free, vegetarian, low fat, low salt, etc.
On the weekends, we often have "Belgian Waffle Sundays": We make thick and delicious monsters with warm fruit compot (everything is "from scratch"). If you wish to leave very early, please inform us, and we'll have coffee, juice and and cerial ready for you when you get up. As a working Coffee Farm, and in harmony with nearly every guest we've ever had, we serve breakfast starting with beverages at 7:30. Our hot food comes out to the table set in the Gazebo around 8:00 AM. You may of course sleep in at any time, but will then have to contend with cold breakfast leftovers in the fridge.
Some of Our Guests' Favorite Breakfast Dishes Include:
- Macadamia Nut Pancrêpes with Mango Puree or Guava jam
- Home-fried potatoes with Onions, Red Peppers and Portuguese sausage or bacon and Guacamole or fresh tomato salad
- French Toast (from Hawaiian Sweet Bread) with strawberries-yogurt blend, or with Coconut, Lilikoi (Passion Fruit) or Maple Syrup topped with sautéed Bananas
- Loco Moco Hawaiian Soul Food consisting of Steamed Rice topped with a Beef Patty, Fried Egg & Brown Gravy
- Corned Beef Hash with Eggs and Bacon / Ham / Spam / Portuguese Sausage
- Cheese Blintzes -- European Pancrêpes filled with cottage cheese, topped with Strawberry preserves and sour cream
- Butter and Sherry sautéed Mushrooms (or Swiss Cheese) & Spinach, served over fresh Renaissance Bread with Scrambled Eggs, Guacamole & Tomato
- Banana Pancrêpes layered with Blackberry Jam
Hawaiian Taro Pancrêpes with Thin Slices of Banana or Maui Onion & Spam or Portugese Saussage or Bacon
Cheese-filled Hash Browns with Eggs over easy and Tomato-Herb Salad
Breakfast is usually served around 8:00 AM so that our guests can get out early and start their active day. We all eat together on the lanai Gazebo, overlooking the coffee orchard and gazing at the ocean four miles away. So while enjoying our famous Pancrêpes, you can watch and listen to the birds, count boats or check out the surf. Inside the Inn on the breakfast counter you will find a toaster, microwave oven, coffee maker and a small sink with hot/cold water. A refrigerator is also there for our guests to share. We have a well-equipped outdoor BBQ kitchen and sink where you can grill your own fish or steaks.
When you Make a Reservation Online, please list any dietary restrictions and we can accommodate them (i.e., vegetarian, low fat, lactose free, low salt). Mahalo!